Raw milk is alive and constantly changing. Treat it with respect and care, or you can get sick from how you handle it. I do everything in my power to milk cleanly, I need you to take the same care.
- ALWAYS transport milk in a cooler. With ice.
- Keep your refrigerator at 32˚.
No more then 34˚ at all times.
- Store milk in the coolest part of the fridge. Never the door.
- Never mix cold and warm milks
- Never mix milks from different dates- till use. AND only 3 days apart max.
- Never move milk from glass to plastic. Or one glass to another. Keep in original container. Unless you are sure its sanitized properly.
- Never leave milk on the counter.
- Keep lid air tight.
- Never drink milk from dispensing jar.
- Milk left on counter and reach room temp. Toss it.
- Thaw frozen milk slowly in the fridge. Raw milk at thawing can separate (cream from milk). Use a strainer to remove curds if necessary. Then move to a sanitized glass jar.
- Never freeze older milk. Tell me and I will freeze for you straight from the udder. It's the process of freezing older milk that makes it separate at thawing.